Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Designer Spotlight

After attending Lavish this weekend I learned a lot about my blog, do's and don'ts, and new things I want to bring to Design Blooms. My first goal is to create a weekly schedule. I'll be introducing three new post ideas, I'm going to try them out, see how it goes.
Here's my schedule:
Monday-Color Moods
Tuesday-Designer Spotlight (new)
Wednesday-Product References (new)
Thursday-Blog Love's
Friday-Craig's List City Search (new)
(Friday's may also feature my home projects or client projects)

I would LOVE feedback...so let me hear it.

My Designer in the spotlight today is Ginger Brewton of Ginger Brewton Interiors, she has truly inspired me in choices I have made for my home and a powder room I painted for my sister-in-law...you can see here. Her comment,  "Don’t be afraid to use bold patterns or dark colors in small rooms, such as the powder room.... create a cozy, warm feeling – like a jewel box.", gave me the idea to paint the walls turquoise and add gold medallion stencils along the wall...like a jewelry box!








I enjoyed dissecting these interiors...for instance, I love the long linen curtains paired with pops of bright pink, and the red coral and green combo. Find anything you love as well?


5 comments:

Roxy Te said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to Lavish! I totally wanted to go but had to travel for business :( Love your schedule! It gives readers an idea of what they can expect each week!

Marianne said...

Oh my goodness... loving all of these rooms. Your new blog schedule sounds pretty fabulous too!

Unknown said...

I would have loved to have gone to Lavish and it sounds like you got some great ideas- I'm so excited for your regular features! Great start here- fabulous interiors by Ginger Brewton.

Lovin That! said...

Love her use of natural texture light fixtures - and the trellis dining chairs! Beautiful! Thanks for posting :-)

Unknown said...

I love everything imperial trellis. I am in love especially with the green settee and the pink wallpaper. Must have some.