Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Designer Spotlight

After attending Lavish this weekend I learned a lot about my blog, do's and don'ts, and new things I want to bring to Design Blooms. My first goal is to create a weekly schedule. I'll be introducing three new post ideas, I'm going to try them out, see how it goes.
Here's my schedule:
Monday-Color Moods
Tuesday-Designer Spotlight (new)
Wednesday-Product References (new)
Thursday-Blog Love's
Friday-Craig's List City Search (new)
(Friday's may also feature my home projects or client projects)

I would LOVE feedback...so let me hear it.

My Designer in the spotlight today is Ginger Brewton of Ginger Brewton Interiors, she has truly inspired me in choices I have made for my home and a powder room I painted for my sister-in-law...you can see here. Her comment,  "Don’t be afraid to use bold patterns or dark colors in small rooms, such as the powder room.... create a cozy, warm feeling – like a jewel box.", gave me the idea to paint the walls turquoise and add gold medallion stencils along the wall...like a jewelry box!








I enjoyed dissecting these interiors...for instance, I love the long linen curtains paired with pops of bright pink, and the red coral and green combo. Find anything you love as well?


5 comments:

Roxy Te said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to Lavish! I totally wanted to go but had to travel for business :( Love your schedule! It gives readers an idea of what they can expect each week!

Marianne - Style For Living said...

Oh my goodness... loving all of these rooms. Your new blog schedule sounds pretty fabulous too!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

I would have loved to have gone to Lavish and it sounds like you got some great ideas- I'm so excited for your regular features! Great start here- fabulous interiors by Ginger Brewton.

Lovin That! said...

Love her use of natural texture light fixtures - and the trellis dining chairs! Beautiful! Thanks for posting :-)

Sara Mueller said...

I love everything imperial trellis. I am in love especially with the green settee and the pink wallpaper. Must have some.