Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas in the dining room

Do you ever have those moments when you look in the mirror and realize you're missing an earring, a button on your shirt popped open, or some other wardrobe malfunction, and you think, "how many people have I seen or talked to, and they haven't said ANYTHING?!" That happened to me this morning, I've been at school for well over an hour, have held several conversations, and just went to the bathroom to find that my left eye not only had smeared mascara, but also a tear line running to my cheek!! What a mess! I had something in my eye on the way to school and my eye started watering, I thought I cleaned it off...clearly not! I went back to ask a friend why nothing was said, her response "oh, I didn't notice." Right.
Lesson today: Be a GOOD friend, let them know when something is a little off!!

Now that I got that out of my system..let's talk about Christmas in the dining room. This is a FUN place to decorate in my opinion, and I found lots of inspiration!





Do you have cupcake or cake stands? Use them! Piled with ornaments, fruit, candy, greenery, even jewerly!




 I think I might be doing this, just have to check the prices on limes first.
Very clever way to dress a dining window.



Love this idea, a tree branch with strings of ornaments. They did this in J.Crew, have you noticed, all throughout the store.


Or...you could just make yourself the centerpiece!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

So much inspiration here and I totally think you should do the limes. Sorry about the mascara etc....I hate that- why don't people say aything??? So annoying!

Matrioshka said...

I've gotten really into the whole red lipstick thing, but it can annoyingly get all over your face and I am constantly wondering why no one said anything.

Great decorating ideas!

Marianne said...

Once I forgot to put on mascara! I looked in the rearview mirror in the car and thought something didn't look quite right. This was of course about half way through my day. I had to drive to the nearest drugstore immediately!!! It happens to the best of us!

If you do the limes, would love to see how it turns out. I think it's a great idea!

Michaela said...

So beautiful and definitely inspiring! I love that small white Christmas tree in the second picture

Carla said...

Great Christmas ideas.. Thanks Carla

Rebekah Leigh said...

Hello! Thank you for leading me to your marvelous blog! Love the posts and so many inspiring images!I agree that you definitely should tell a friend when they have something out of sorts...what are friends for ay? :-)

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I'm in love with the branch & ornaments. I love the turquoise and red color combo in that shot. And I can't believe no one said anything about the mascara!!! Craziness.

Kelly Krugh said...

Um I like the idea of having the centerpiece being me :)