Monday, December 27, 2010

Back with Color Moods

Sorry I disappeared. Between the road and spending time with family.. I lost time for blogging. 
I think I have been inspired by all this chilly winter weather we've received lately. 
Warning: You might want to wrap up in a warm blanket before you stroll through these winter white pictures.




Black is always a good accent for white.












(Images courtesy of Elle decor, Sugar Monster, Rosenatti
If you want to start with white on your walls or even furniture, here are some recommended colors:

• 912 Linen White, Benjamin Moore
• 2003 Pointing, Farrow & Ball
• SW6385 Dover White, Sherwin-Williams
• 7002-6 Du Jour, Valspar
• 0001 Hollandlac Brilliant White, Fine Paints of Europe
In our home we started with warmer, richer colors on the walls and then brought in white accents through accessories, and some furniture.

Any other suggestions for using white in a home?


11 comments:

Dawn said...

THIS POST MAKES ME WANT TO PAINT EVERYTHING WHITE VERY PRETTY...I LIKE HOW THE BLACK PUTS THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE...THANKS AGAIN FOR MY WINNINGS...HAPPY NEW YEAR NICOLE..DAWN SUITCASE VIGNETTES XX

Unknown said...

I love a white backdrop- stunning! That peacock wallpaper is one of my absolute favourites!

Unknown said...

love the pictures! beautiful!

Samantha said...

Gorgeous rooms. I'm not usually a huge black and white fan but those first two rooms are great.

Marianne said...

I love white! I use a lot of White Dove by Benjamin Moore for cabinetry. It's not too bright with a little warmth. Perfect!

Glamour Drops said...

Oh I am in LOVE with the peacock wallpaper! Very crisp and fresh, yet feminine too.

SHERRY HART said...

Those are some of the most beautiful pictures I have seen lately!

Vanessa@decor happy said...

I would love to have white painted floors somewhere in my home but not sure if I can go through with it! Happy Holidays!

Kellie Collis said...

These are too beautiful! Too divine! Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

carolyn said...

oh i am really loving that cozy blue and white attic. how perfect to curl up in on a cold day?

Unknown said...

I love the touch of lavender~ perfect amount of accent to bring out a fun punch!