Friday, June 18, 2010

SCAD, your awesome!

Hello All!!
As an artist I love to find unique items....especially when they are created by other artists. SCAD, I discovered, has a website that sells their students' work, and for a reasonable price (for the most part). I absolutely love the acrylic dinnerware collections! They are cheery and fun and made by aspiring artists. Around $10 a dinner plate and $8 for bowls, these little gems are a steal! You can find them here.
I say mix and match...throw in sweet little glasses filled with flowers and herbs....a few fancy stemwares.....sprinkled with embroidered napkins....tasty treats......insert laughing friends..and you've got a perfect summer party.






Here are a few beautiful summer tablescapes found on flickr; hopefully you can find some inspiration from these designs. Its always good to mix (within reason), patterns, textures, and colors. I love to see whimsical dainty crystal glasses matched with bold summer dinnerware or bowls.
While I was searching through flickr I discovered a few amazing new blogs (well new to me), where these images were found. NYCLQ was founded by Lynda Quintero-Davids, she has a great eye for staging and design. Also I stumbled upon Olive Juice Photography; she has beautiful pictures!




Do ya'll have any good ideas for your summer tables and party's..please do tell.

3 comments:

Terrell said...

Hello there! I am visting from DIY blog and just had to tell you that I LOVE the blue stenciled wall you were featured with! It's amazing! I love your blog as well and I am excited to be your newest follower of it! Have yourself a great weekend! Check out my blog at
froufroudecor.blogspot.com
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Nicole Terry Merrell said...

Terrell! Welcome! Thank you so much!

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

Hey Blooms!! Thank you so much for featuring one of my tablescape design you found on flickr! Found the post and your blog through google.

Come visit me at my blog FOCAL POINT to see some more summertime tablescapes I posted this weekend!

Take care and THANKS again!
:D Lynda
http://nyclq-focalpoint.blogspot.com