Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Make it your own: House of Fifty


I'm really loving the new House of Fifty magazine.
Have you seen it? You should definitely check it out!

My favorite was Saudah Saleem, she created her
 own "closet" out of her old master bedroom. I love the mix of items in this room
from the pendant drum shade to the chevron inspired rug, and the mix of vintage and modern.
Sometimes we (I) look at rooms, drool over them, sometimes store
 them as inspiration and move on, but I would
really like to find similar peices that are in the room (on a less expensive scale)
and share them with you! It's actually simple, and with a few adjustments
you can easily get the same look!
This is Saudah's room...

And here are similar peices....

Table: West Elm
Pendant drum shade (Looks exactly the same to me!): Bellacor
Bookshelves: Ikea



Side table: Crate and Barrel
 

Chevron rug: Amazon ($109..people you can't bet it!)


Class it up with a few Fashion Illustrations, I found these on Pinterest.

I would search through your local antique stores and Craiglist for vintage settees and chairs, that's where I always find mine, and for great deals!


6 comments:

Jessica Rowe {The Aestate} said...

That was my fav piece in the mag too. Great look for less - I would SWEAR that lamp is the exact same...

xo
Jessica

PS- Don't forget to enter 'The Perfectly Imperfect Home' book giveaway on my blog!

Roeshel said...

Love what you've found - makes me want to redo a room! lol I do love the new issue of House of Fifty this month, SO much inspiration! :)

Alexa said...

Oh my gosh! Love! And I love the artwork!

Samantha said...

Hey, great minds think alike.

Surya Rugs said...

Its a nice room. But I feel there is a mismatch in the furnishing. Especially the upholstery and the pillow. But I like the rug so much.

Wall fountain said...

The rug looks nice as such. But it takes away the beauty of the flooring.