Monday, December 5, 2011

Mr. Brightside

Last Thursday I stopped by a local antique store to pick a few things up for Christmas. I came across four glorious bamboo dining chairs, for get this, $40!! I immediately thought "these are mine". So, being very mature and wise, I decided I would put my four chairs on craigslist and sell them first, (I think you know where this story is going) after all the lady at the store said they had been there well over a month. The very next afternoon I had a buyer, so after work I mozied on over to the store to pick up my sweet chairs. So confident, I imagined all the way there what color I would paint them.  When I walked in and went to the booth..they were gone. My chairs..were gone. The lady said "aww, we sold those today." Whatever, she didn't care.
I got in the car and cried. I know I shouldn't cry over chairs..but I loved them.
I called Will and cried some more. I had a breakfast table with no chairs now!
When I got home, Will was so positive, and brought up all these ideas for the breakfast nook. He really made me think outside the box on this one, and it turns out that selling the chairs were the best thing that could have happened to out little breakfast area! We never used that space before because the chairs weren't really comfy and they were a little too high for the table. So for now, I moved my two wing back chairs to the table, and I love it. It's perfect and cozy and great for reading and using the computer..and eating.
So sometimes it's good to rearrange things, think outside the box.
Two things you can take away from this story: (1) Move things around! You may find a new way to use a space that you love. (2) Buy something if you really like it, right away!!



Jamie Meares

(Those are very similar to what the chairs looked like, can you see why I cried?)


Desire to Inspire


Habitually Chic
(Now that's a breakfast nook! That random high picture kinda bothers me, but other than that, it's amazing!)


Jamie Meares


Jamie Meares
 (I know you can't really see this sitting area, but it looks like two leather chairs with a small stump stool in the middle. This was an idea Will and I had for our nook. )




4 comments:

Ange said...

Well I am glad you found something else to put there but what a huge bummer! I would've cried too! I have been trying to find even one of those chairs for less than $100.

Unknown said...

oh bless you i think i would have cried too

Shabby chic furniture said...

The dining chair looks really stunning. It is the correct setting for christmas. No need to cry over the chair you couldnt get.

mikky said...

Too bad about the chair. :(
That second to last photo is fantastic btw. I love the diff coloured frames