Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Complicated

That's my relationship status right now..juuusst kidding! I'm talking about the movie! I know I'm really late, but I just watched the movie It's Complicated this past weekend with Meryl Streep and Eric Baldwin. I fell deeply in love with the Santa Barbara house where most of the movie was filmed. I have to be honest with you, sometimes I pay A LOT more attention to the settings in movies than the actual acting. Since we're on the topic, did you see Carrie Bradshaw's apartment in the last Sex in the City movie. Wow. (Disclaimer...I'm not a Sex in the City fan, just couldn't find anything to watch, and I got hooked on her style and her home!)



(kitchen from It's Complicated)

Anyhow, I found out that Nancy Meyers is the writer and director of the movie and lead the design of the sets, she also was the director for Something's Gotta Give, do you remember the lust worthy house in that movie? Oh man. Meyer's eye for design is incredible, so I was surprised to find that she's not designing her own home. She's working with her friend James Radin. I checked him out, and I can see why she picked him!











Do you know of any movies or television shows that have great design? I would LOVE to check them out!

5 comments:

designchic said...

I just saw "Somethings Got to Give" again this past week and could hardly take my eyes off the gorgeous home and beautiful views...stunning!!

Meghan McCann said...

Drooled the whole way through that movie about the decor!! (and probably a little bit because of the food - yum!)

megmacdesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE with a capital LOVE the kitchen in that movie. I completely agree with you. I don't often watch movies more than once but I could keep watching this over and over to see her house and her amazing shop.

Kandice Breinholt said...

i loved it's complicated and you're totally right about the decor and set! i loved that just as much :)

beautiful pictures :)

The Vintique Object said...

I so agree with you about paying attention to the interiors rather than the plot! Something's Gotta Give. Goodness, I'll never forget those interiors. I have not seen this movie, yet, but will now!

I can't stop looking at the interiors in Modern Family and Parenthood, which are my two favorite prime time shows right now.
Camille