Saturday, May 8, 2010

Here's to you mamas!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to brag on my mom and a few other inspiring and talented moms out there. I love to see moms in design magazines, websites and blogs, it lets me know they're real. They have an amazing ability to balance family and designing and make the two extreme worlds cohesive.
My mom, for the most part, gave me free range in my room. She let me paint in the closet (a big 'shoe' bug), and vines on the window seal. I remember the first big room makeover she allowed us to make. The color I chose was a lavender blue, with matching floral patterened curtains. It was SUCH an exciting time, I remember just staring at my room afterwards, just soaking it all in. The funny thing is, the wallpaper that we took down in order to paint was a seagrass wallpaper; styles always come around full circle.
Enjoy these images of beautfiul homes created by some amazing moms.























My mom and sister (my sister has two beautiful little girls; Lucy and Lily)











HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

No comments: