Monday, May 24, 2010

Another notch in the renovation belt

Happy Monday to everyone! Can I rub something in for a minute? Thank you. I have only 8 days until summer break!!! That's why its a happy Monday for me. Summer breaks MAY be the only reason I like being a teacher. I'm sure there are a few others but I can't think of them right now.

Anyhow, I know y'all saw a few shots of my dining room last week, but I wanted to do a full before and after post for my lovely followers. The house when we bought it was very 1950s-60s traditional and formal. IT was WELL taken care of, but it needed a lot of updating. So let's venture into the dining room....we've got wallpaper, carpet flooring, very stylish for their time but OLD drapes, and two bulbs in the ceiling (because the children wanted the antique chandelier).
So of course, this is not COMPLETE. Two things will make it complete...a sea grass rug, and 5 foot bead board instead of that sad chair railing.
We painted, hung a new fixture, pulled carpet, sanded and polyed, and brought in the new stuff!



Sorry about this before shot; terrible camera, but it's the only shot we have before we moved in.

It was the storage room for a week....I tried to make it a "neat" storage room, can't you tell?














3 comments:

Jenny DB said...

You did a fabulous job!!! and btw i love your beach background on the blog.

Design Blooms said...

Thanks Jenny! And thanks so much for following!

Kirsten Krason said...

It looks amazing! And you are so talented. I LOVE your pet silhouettes.