Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The "other" space in your home

If you live in the southern portion of the States, you've already started welcoming in spring. I wince every time I watch the weather on the news, thinking they're going to announce that it's going to be cold again...but so far so good. The trees and flowers have started to bud...I love this part...right before everything blossoms.
Anyhow...we should consider our yard just as much as any other room in the house. The outdoor space.
The past few nights we've been able to sit on our back porch and talk about all the things we need to do to our yard...besides the basic trimming and sprucing of the yard.  There are many other small things that can be done that make great impacts, and will make you smile when you look out into your yard or pull into your driveway.

Like these....



This could be so easy... dig out a section of your yard that you would like to designate as a patio or path, lay pavers and plant grass in between. (Im hoping my husband will read this!)
I so want to add an arbor to our garage... it can't be that hard to do. (:

I have been obsessed with this fun grass for a while now. This spring I'm going to put some in our yard!
Paint your door a fun color, you wouldn't believe what an impact it gives to a house.
Swing bed in a sun room.. nothing better than this.


images courtesy of Southern Living and BHG

Gorgeous... are you feeling inspired? I would love to know what kind of things you have planned for your outdoor spaces!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the last picture! The wood work around the door way is stunning, and that gorgeous fire place down the hall...

Glamour Drops said...

Delightful post.

Very impressed with the baby "barely there" arbour by the garage doors ~ just a little structure and yet it would be incredible when in bloom.

Cheers from Virginia

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Love the arbor on the garage idea.
Mary Ann

Jenny said...

This makes me want an arbor on the garage too! I love this idea. I also want one of those swing beds but no sun room to put it in! XOXO

Anonymous said...

know what ya mean.. worried the weather man is gonna burst my spring bubble! but allergies have kicked in full force around here.. so i think we're in the clear!! yippee!! :)

Samantha said...

Bring on spring!

No big plans yet.

lemondropdreams said...

So jealous! I have no plans for the yard yet. Maybe b/c we're getting snow AGAIN in Kansas City today!!

Dawn said...

Just beautiful...you are so right about the yard being an extention of your home. Have a great weekend. Dawnxo

livingwithstyle said...

I love these outdoor spaces! Especially, the last couple with the light blue tiffany color accents!